Thursday, June 14, 2012

Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries

Today we went with Krista and her daughter Alaithia strawberry picking at a new place I discovered outside of Hastings called Sam Kedem's farm.  This place has organic berries and apples, along with a vegetable and plant nursery and a charming farm that the kids can explore.  It was an early, chilly morning, but the sun peeked out and we got some warmth.  I was glad since I had Gwen in the baby carrier and I'd forgotten her socks.  I was holding her little tootsies to keep them warm!  I can hardly believe how much a mother needs to pack for herself and three darlings.  Change of clothes, snacks, water bottles, camera, money, sunscreen & insect repellent, diaper bag... the list goes on and on.  Pretty soon here, I'll be holding these kids responsible for bringing their OWN stuff!

Oh, we had such a ball picking berries!


Cute chickens and roosters, complete with audio track.




Catching butterflies in the strawberry field.





 One of the many berries that got re-routed from my box of strawberries to Ian's mouth.
 Mmmmm... juicy.





 Catching tadpoles.





 Strawberry shortcake at home.  A sweet reward.


 The plant nursery.



 Me with my enthusiastic strawberry pickers!



 Running through the field... oh what fun!



 Those strawberries like to hide.













No comments:

Post a Comment